Riverdale - Toronto Neighbourhood
From WikiTO - The Toronto Wiki
Riverdale is a neighbourhood in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is bounded the Don River the west, Danforth Avenue and Greektown to the north, Jones/ CN/GO tracks in the east, and Lake Shore Boulevard to the south.
The popular teen drama shows The Kids of Degrassi Street, Degrassi Junior High, Degrassi High, and Degrassi: The Next Generation are named upon the actual South Riverdale street of the identical name.
The primary roads within the neighborhood are:
- Danforth Avenue (Greektown) which has a high number greek dining places and retail stores
- Gerrard East, home to Eastern Chinatown and the Gerrard Square Mall
- Queen Street East, with a large number of trendy dining places, cafes, as well as small stores.
The area features three big parks: Riverdale Park, Riverdale Park East - Toronto, Withrow Park, and Jimmie Simpson Park. Withrow park has a big off-leash dog area, a ice rink, 2 baseball diamonds, play structures, and a football field. Jimmy Simpson Recreation area contains tennis courts and a neighborhood centre.
Riverdale Farm - Toronto Attraction is also a large park in the area.
- Riverdale Collegiate Institute is the neighbourhood's high-school.
- Earl Grey Senior Public School is the junior high school, (grade 7-8.)
- Quest Alternative School and Eastern Alternative College are the local alternative center schools (grade 7-8)
- Holy Title Catholic School is the catholic school (K - 8)
- Montcrest School is located upon Montcrest Boulevard and offers classes from Jr . Kindergarten in order to grade 8.
- Withrow Avenue Junior Public School, Toronto TDSB
- Pape Avenue Junior Public School - Toronto