Toronto Front Pad Parking Guide
Tired of parking on the street? Need a driveway?
Here’s what you need to put in a front pad parking.
The following driveway dimensions and landscaping requirements
- Driveway minimum width of 2.6 metres
Driveway width maximums are as follows provided the landscaping requirements can be met:
- Lots with a frontage less than 6 metres: 2.6 metres
- Lots with a frontage of 6 metres to 23 metres: 6.0 metres
- Lots with a frontage greater than 23 metres: 9.0 metres
- In addition, in the case of Toronto, East York, York and Scarborough Bylaws, the driveway cannot exceed the width of the parking spaces (garages) located behind the front wall of the building.
Front yard landscaping:
Landscaped open space is an area that supports the growth of vegetation and includes a walkway, patio or similar area, but does not include a driveway or parking space For lots with a frontage of 6 m to less than 15 m, a minimum of 50% of the front yard be maintained as landscaped open space For lots with a frontage of 15 m and greater, a minimum of 60% of the front yard be maintained as landscaped open space A minimum of 75 % of the front yard not covered by a permitted driveway shall be soft landscaping (an area that supports the growth of vegetation such as grass, trees, shrubs, flowers or other plants and permits water infiltration into the ground)