What to buy when visiting Toronto (or Canada)
From out of town or have out of town guests? This is what they should pick up if they are visiting Toronto (or Canada)
1. Tim Horton’s Double Double. Canada’s version of coffee.
2. Ice Wine from Niagara. Canada’s version of wine.
3. Maple syrup. Head over to St. Lawrence Market to pick this up.
4. Toronto Swag. The Spacing Store (401 Richmond St., Toronto) has hip choices. Or the Drake General Store (1144 Queen St W, Toronto) . If you want trinkets, souvenir shops on Yonge Street at Dundas will work.
5. Roots gear. Beaver logo.
6. Toronto Blue Jays, Toronto Raptors or Drake’s OVO gear (899 Dundas St W, Toronto) gear. Skip the Toronto Maple Leaf gear.
7. Ketchup chips. Apparently these are only sold in Canada.
8. Local Craft Brews. There is Left Field Brewery, Bellwoods Brewery, Junction Brewery to name a few.
9. Poutine. The Queen West location of Smoke’s Poutinery is at 578 Queen St W.