Withrow Park info guide
Withrow Park (725 Logan Ave, Toronto) is a 21-acre park in Toronto’s Riverdale neighbourhood. It was constructed in the 1910s, along with the surrounding community was built. At 21 acres, Withrow Park is among Toronto’s large multi-purpose parks. The park is bounded by Carlaw Avenue on the east, Bain Avenue on the south, Logan Avenue on the west and McConnell Avenue on the north. It is a few minutes south of the Danforth.
Features include a fenced and dog-free children’s playground and summer wading pool, a clubhouse, tennis courts, hockey rink, baseball diamonds and soccer fields.
Withrow Park is named after John Jacob Withrow (1833–1900), a local landowner and builder who served as a city alderman. He was one of the founders of the Canadian National Exhibition.
The Withrow Park Farmers market runs Saturdays 9am – 1pm May to October.
The park gained nation-wide notoriety in 2004. Hot dogs laced with poison (carbofuran) were left in the park, killing one dog and poisoning 15 others.
There are two public tennis courts at the north end of the park open from April to October. Use is limited to half an hour turns, Claim a spot in line by hanging a tennis racquet on one of two pegs that represent the courts.
In spring and summer ball hockey takes over the ice rink – see Withrow Ball Hockey League
The south-west corner of the park has a field with a small washroom facility and bleachers.
There is a large baseball diamond in the center of the park.
Open in July and August a shallow pool for children islocated within the fenced-in area at the north end of the park
For more info about permits call 416-392-8188.